Sunday, October 24, 2010

Birthday Card













Hi all,

I hope you all had a bee-u-tiful Sunday! I'm doing great myself, just wanted to share with you this birthday card I made for my good friend, Ruby. I used FY for the girl (of course), CAC, for the happy birthday sentiment, & FMK for the slice of cake. The card is a 8 1/2 by 11 folded in half. The charm is from a scrapbook set purschased from Michael's about 3 years ago, LOL. I also used Glitterbug glitter. At first I didn't care for that brand of glitter because it always seemed to "cake-up" when I used it but, I found out about this cool technique of using the Zyron sticker maker and it works fine. TFL.

Update....So after I posted the pics of the card I decided to make a purse to go along with it, to hold two pairs of MY handmade earrings. My friend loved her gift!

smooches!
Mscelly

3 comments:

Grace Baxter said...

This is very cute. I love the outfit on the girl. I know the care it takes with those tiny pieces. Beautiful job.

http://gracenotes4today.blogspot.com

Darcell said...

Thanks so much, Grace! Actually and those polka dots are the the negative cuts of the image.

~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ said...

OMGoodness.. I need a card quick.. can I borrow the concept of this card?.. this is awesome..